cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidolistens a scam?

Ytran03
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I just received an email from support@fidolistens.ca. The mail claims to be a survey supported by ipsos Reid. I was wondering if it is a scam?

3 REPLIES 3

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Customer Service told me this is likely a scam because they could not verify this as a current promotional offer. If you receive any spam text messages, reply to STOP to them.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2
Fido Social Media team: this is a huge peeve of mine with any promos or third party services you use. In this case fidolistens.ca appears to be legitimate, as the official Ipsos website references it here http://iaf.ipsos.ca/iaf/fido/fido_PanelTC_ENG_9Oct09.html

But, without you providing some sort of reference to this survey on your main website, your customers are expected to determine if this is legitimate or a phishing scam. You need to create and enforce an internal policy that prevents contractors you use from creating this sort of confusion. It is 2011, you need to be more web savvy and concerned for the online security of your customers. Ideally, this survey should have been hosted on fido.ca, perhaps as fidolistens.fido.ca or perhaps fido should have a page listing all legitimate URLs used by their contractors on their behalf.

This seems like something the SM team could take a lead on internally. Maybe get Keith on board, as I am sure he would agree.

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

I agree 10yearfido; the IPSOS branding threw me off, thinking it was just a forged email.