cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido took $100 plus from my account

zena2937
I'm a contributor level 1

Where can I get help? I barely use my phone, had over $100 accumulated - now suddenly wiped out - gone. Thieves!!  What do you say? Cannot even find a tel number to call - what kind of service is this??? Anna

9 REPLIES 9

zena2937

Using the number you gave gives NO option to speak to a real person - did you know that? I tried it last night.

Hey @zena2937 , sorry the numbers didn't work for you. I hope you got through today to get it sorted. Everyone on this forum really wants to help you by giving you the resources you need to resolve your issue. We are not able to access your account or correct a billing error. Please don't shoot the messengers. Hoping you were able to resolve your account issue. 

zena2937

THis is no help at all - please give me the number of a real support person - here, now, not referring me to some "previous" post.

Hello again,

Apologies if you didn't find the information helpful. However, this is the community forum and not a venue for customer service. While they also have other venues for customer service, the only people able to assist with prepaid accounts would be through that dedicated line.

@Cawtau  wrote:... If you would like to discuss your situation, you would need to call Fido's dedicated pre-paid customer service line (see here).

In case you missed the link: Prepaid 1-888-482-FIDO (3436)

Cheers

zena2937

I see this forum is useless as it spews out prewitten passages via copy and paste. Thanks for nothing. And I still do not have a number to contact a REAL person. Please provide that NOW, not refer me to a "previous" post.

zena2937

To be clear - I topped up EVERY MONTH via the autorefill option, adding $$ at low balance. I have the bank statements to prove that - I HAVE PROOF.

zena2937

I was signed up with auto low balance refill - another agent said my $$ would always be there that way. No, I had prepaid monthly not yearly. I want my $$ restored.

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. However, since your issue deals specifically with your account, you would need to call Fido's Prepaid customer service (link provided previously).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Zena2937,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you seem to have lost your account balance. It sounds like you have a pre-paid account. Is that correct? If so, are you aware that the top-ups have an expiry associated with them? The length of time before expiry would depend on the top-up value (see here).  Unfortunately, if you don't top-up once before your anniversary date, your balance would expire and be lost. Fido does offer a grace period of 7 days in which topping-up would restore your previous balance.

Alternatively, are you aware that Fido does not have a purely pay-as-you-go option? All of their pre-paid options require monthly or yearly plans. Fido's yearly plan is $100 (plus taxes) (see here). Is it possible that you have the Yearly plan?

If you would like to discuss your situation, you would need to call Fido's dedicated pre-paid customer service line (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers