Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido store closed during business hours

marmot4
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, 

Went yesterday to Rideau Centre store location (50 Rideau St, Ottawa), was there at about 11AM (location is suppose to be open at 10AM), waited and waited... Asked guy who was working in the store on the other side if the Fido store is going to be open today, he said they might be late. At 11:50AM Fido employee appeared inside the store doing smth on the computers. At 12:05 same employee closed the store and went away. WOW. There was no sign that location is closed or that there was any other issue. Have to walk 15min to the closest Fido store cause there is no way to buy $10 Fido refill in the nearest stores like Loblaws, Shoppers, Rexall for about 3 years now. Strangly, the smallest amount of refill that is always available everywhere is $20. Why no one is fixing that? fido still closed at 12h05 on Sunday May 29th 2022.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

F-fid0

Yeah that sucks marmot4.  They got rid of the $10 cards from stores in my area years ago too for whatever reason.  The worst part is the cheapest prepaid plan is now $15/month but the actual fido store won't sell you a $15 airtime voucher.  The lowest you can buy is $20 now.   Not sure what your needs and plans are but you may need to adjust accordingly.

Hello,

Welcome to the community!

As alluded to in my other reply, a $15 voucher would not suffice for most people wanting to use that Talk & Text monthly pre-paid plan. With taxes, that plan amounts to greater than fifteen dollars. Unless people already have a balance on their account, they would need to purchase additional vouchers just to have a sufficent funds for the plan plus taxes. A single $20 voucher would cover that cost rather than having to purchase two $15 vouchers.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Marmot4,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that store was not open when you visited. You might consider contacting that particular store for details why they were not open.

@marmot4 wrote:

...no way to buy $10 Fido refill in the nearest stores like Loblaws, Shoppers, Rexall for about 3 years now. Strangly, the smallest amount of refill that is always available everywhere is $20. Why no one is fixing that? ...

It's likely the lower denomination is not available everywhere because it might not be useful for most people. Since Fido no longer offers a purely pay-as-you-go offering, topping-up that amount to extend expiry would not benefit very many people. The lowest monthly pre-paid offering currently is a $15 Talk & Text plan. Even with the older $10 plan (no longer available), a $10 top-up would not suffice because of taxes. Most people would need to purchase two $10 vouchers to accomodate the minimum monthly pre-paid plan.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers