Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido sent me $300 bill for long distance minutes

HarryP
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Fido charged me $300 in bills including $222 towards Long distance minutes

i got this phone plan around Black Friday and as part of promo they gave me a invoice with 1000 ld minutes add on for $0 a month.

Now I see they charged me $222 towards ld and when I spoke with customer care they are giving me a run around to go to the store and store says we don't deal with Billing only Fido can do it.

im trying to escalate this to Presidents office but those guys are no where to be found on the phone or chat or over email

3 REPLIES 3

nsebobo
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I'm so surprised to receive a bill of $66 this night and the reason stated is that I made a long distance call which I never did! Same thing happened last month. Please Fido what is happening. When I got this phone, I was told that I'm on a$40 bill and I barely make phone calls nor use data with this line. Could someone please explain to me what is happening?

Hey @nsebobo,

We understand unexpected charges are never fun. However, any extra usage our customers are billed for is validated throught their Fido sim card.

Do you recognize the number on which the call was made?

Is it the same number as the previous month?

You will find the details on your invoice.

If you wish to block long distance calls (except USA), we can help you with that. Please feel free to reach out through these channels.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @HarryP,

Welcome to the community!

I can understand getting a larger than expected invoice can be overwhelming but reverting to name-calling will not help the situation.

I understand you got the 1000 minutes add-on, you should note that those minutes only work for these specific countries.

• Australia
  • Bangladesh
  • China (excluding Macau)
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • Italy
  • Mexico
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom

If the add-on is not on your account then you will need to go back to the store and speak to the agent or manager there on the other hand if the add-on is on the account but you made calls to countries not listed above then the charges would be valid and you will be responsible for the payments.

If you are unable to make the payment in full you can set up a payment arrangement see here for more details.