cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido’s unsubscribe for marketing always results in a system error

Wishbone
I'm a participant level 2

For several months now I've been trying to get https://www.fido.ca/consumer/unsubscribe to actually unsubscribe both my phone number and my email address, but both inputs always results in the message "Sorry! Due to a system error, we are currently unable to cancel your subscription. Please try again later." This has been tried on different systems with different browsers, so it can't be a client-side issue. I've provided feedback to Fido through fido.ca and nothing has changed. Furthermore, I cannot find any part of my profile where I have opted-in or provided consent to marketing. It seems as though this is involuntary and there is no self-help for remediation.

There is an adjacent problem to this, where one particular Rogers store got my customer information without consent and sends a monthly marketing message, offering the above URL to unsubscribe. It looks like a privacy violation, because I have not business with them and not that store location.

DBD8B050-C896-4156-9310-5A4A9DE83F5E.png88F55388-29C2-4775-B686-2CCF2E61FF8C.png

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephane

You should absolutely be able to unsubscribe. Something must be wrong. 

Please contact us right away so we can investigate Fido.ca/contact 

Wishbone

I called as you suggested and it was performed manually by support. So I don't know anything about what was wrong, why the unsubscribe was malfunctioning and whether something was fixed. The whole solution is caged in mystery. And time will tell if it really happened.
Anyway, thank you for looking into it

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Ditto. I got an unsolicited text from a Fido store trying to upsell me and I can't unsubscribe, either.