cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido rude customer service.

Kapa3536
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I activated my 4 small lines to fido on 30th Nov,2021 with the offer of "No Activation fee" but in my first bill they surprised me added on $50+tax activation charges for 5 lines while I activated only 4 lines I used only 4 Fido SIM card and only 4 numbers been ported to fido not 5....after so much headache and dealing with store guy and Fido rude and non professional customer service staff for three days finaly store guy help me to to wave activation charges while Fido customer care department did nothing than time wasting and rude service.....today I spent 1 hour and 52 minutes they are insisting me to pay for the fifth line which never been ported to fido and SIM card for that line never been used it's still new and never been used....that fifth line is with other service provider for last two years...I asked to Fido customer service department regarding this non sense billing but they are not able to answer me ...all they telling me to request to them to cancel that 5 the line which never ever been ported to Fido net work....they attached me a temporary number to that line which is no belongs to me ever....they did it their self to start billing without Port-in my actual number to Fido.....I have all three persons name with me e including supervisor name who even didn't bother to talk to me she just message to the girl who was dealing to me that I should cancel that line first....I am really pissed and surprised that Fido customer service can be that much rude, non professional and full of attitude with customers.......I wonder how come one of the big cell phone service provider do that???

EditDeleteShare

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kapa3536,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation.

@Kapa3536 wrote:... the fifth line which never been ported to fido and SIM card for that line never been used it's still new and never been used....

Itss unfortunate you might not have understood how post-paid plans operate. I understand that line wasn't ported to Fido, however, if you received a SIM card, that line was activated. You should note that the service start date occurs when you initially activated the line (when you opened the account), not when you first use the services (see Terms & Conditions; section 2b). The account was opened when you received the SIM card for that line. Once the line is active, you pay for the services whether you use them or not. You could activate a line and not put the SIM in a device for six months; you would still be responsible for paying for the six months of service.

All activated lines would receive a phone number. If porting a different phone number, that line's number would be temporary. However, since no phone number was ported, it would remain the number provided. As you have already been told, if you did not wish to continue with that line, you would need to cancel that line.

If you would like to further discuss the matter, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers