cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido refuses to cancel my Internet service and will not provide me with a cancellation email

fidosux666
I'm a participant level 1

I have called Fido Support many times and via chat relentlessly to cancel my Internet service, yet Fido refuses to cancel and each time I call the Support agent says the previous agent did not actually cancel my service 

On November 24th, I called to cancel my service and the agent told me verbally on the phone my Internet will be cancelled and I will receive a confirmation email. I never received a confirmation of my cancellation and the same thing happened on the 27th and 28th. 

I am still waiting for confirmation of cancellation VIA EMAIL and Fido illegally refuses to do so. I will be filing a complaint with the CTRC, CCTS and my credit card company for Fraud. I have the chat transcripts and calls of your agents lying recorded. 

Fido is a scam and their customer support is awful. BEWARE Fido will illegally hold you hostage and overbill you if you try and cancel. They will gaslight you and refuse to provide written confirmation of your cancellation. 

3 REPLIES 3

aaaazzzeaeaze

Hello, the same thing is happening to me and i am held hostage by Fido for many years now with no way to cancel my account. PLEASE HELP.

Hey @aaaazzzeaeaze! I hope you're doing well. 🙂

I'm sad to read about your situation. You can certainly reach out to us via our social media platforms (Facebook, X, Instagram, Google, Apple) for assistance with that. We'll be happy to check-out what's going on there for you.

Hope to hear from you!

FidoAlex

Hey @fidosux666, welcome to the community, Alex here! 

Really sorry to hear about your experience, that's not how things should go.

I've sent you a private message here on the community so that we can look into this with you. 

Feel free to get back to us whenever is most convenient.