cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido referral denied

Shoot11
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello i did a refferal on my account and it was denied due to this reason "Thank you for contacting the Fido Refer A Friend Program Support Team.

Important: A referee transferring an existing phone number from their previous provider cannot submit the temporary Fido phone number given to them during the transfer process. If a referee submits the temporary Fido phone number, the award for both referrer and referee will not be authorised.

The referee didn't want to port the number right away but 2 weeks after she was with Fido, the fido employee told us to use the temporary number for the refferal and did the process for us. This is terrible that it was the owns employees fault that me and the referee are not getting our refferal credit. The support number the fido customer care gave was #268885
Hoipefully you guys can help me on how to proceed with this? Is legal action something that can happen ? Thank you
1 REPLY 1

FidoNajat

Hey @Shoot11! Here is a link for the referral program if you need more information. There are specific steps that need to be followed to respect the eligibility criteria:  after a referred friend (referee) unlocks their reward and activates their Fido mobile service, they must submit their new Fido phone number (or the existing phone number that they’ve transferred from a previous provider*) on their referral page. A referee transferring an existing phone number from their previous provider cannot submit the temporary Fido phone number given to them during the transfer process. If a referee submits the temporary Fido phone number, the award for both the referrer and referee will not be authorized.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to assist you.