cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido referal is a scam- never gets any amount

balraj407
I'm a contributor level 1

I joined Fido in november 2022 by referral and i was informed i will get credit after 3 bill cycles, still i didnt get any.

I have referred 2 friends one in Jan and 1 in March, for that also i didnt get any referral, i called customer care, they have no clue what that is, they are completely giving false information, i went to store where i took sim, they said they cant see any credits.

I have emails from fido saying i will get credit for referrals, but system doesnt show anything, i feel Fido referral is completely scam or Bogus

I thought i am the only one with this issue, i see n number of people have same proble, so it is a Bogus or scam.

Just dont fall in this referral trap.

13 REPLIES 13

Msalehi
I'm a participant level 2

FIDO Referal is sucks. dont refer your friend any more.

Hey @Msalehi!

We're sorry to read that you feel this way about our Refer a Friend program. If you're having trouble with a referral, feel free to reach out to us through any of our support channels.

Msalehi

It's almost 10 times that I have been in contact and no success. They are not giving any reason and just say under process!!! No access to manager to report this. Awful process.

This certainly doesn't seem right. Since when have you done the referral?

balraj407

I got email also like my referral amount will be credited after 2-3 bill cycles confirming my friend used my referral code.

its been 4 billing cycles and nothing happened, Which is why people coming to know about Fido referral scam

Hello @balraj407 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this. 

Have you had a chance to contact the Refer-a-Friend program team?  You can reach the support team via the Contact Us link on the Refer-a-Friend page.

balraj407

I called customer care and visited store, few minutes back i called them again the moment i say it is referral they are simply stop talking or keeping me for an hour wait, 

I dont think Fido has an answer for this scam or the agents were not given training to handle this scam.

They asked me to all the information

like my friends Name, email address, billing adress, plan details, Accont number and activation date

i provided all details, now they have no answer.

This is definetely a FIDO scam, none of our friends received it

So it is better for them to take out that referral program rather than cheating customers

Hey there @balraj407 !

We can assure you that this program is real and lots of customers are taking advantage of these credits. However, please note that the terms and conditions need to be met for the credit to apply. It's good to know that you can only get up to 5 friend referrals per calendar year Smiley

That said, you've mentioned the following

I got email also like my referral amount will be credited after 2-3 bill cycles confirming my friend used my referral code.

its been 4 billing cycles and nothing happened, Which is why people coming to know about Fido referral scam

To better assist you, can you share that email? If there's any personal info on it, please make sure to hide them.

Also, have you had the chance to get in touch with our Refer-a-Friend team? If you already did, what was their response?

Let us know!

balraj407

i joined Fido via referral and i referred 2 of my friends and all are correctly done at store and i have received email as well that credit will happen in 3  billing cycles.

We all did this in Calgary TD mall store, literally not even 1 of my friends got it, and Fido store and customer care not even answering

balraj407

One of the screenshot attachedrefer.jpg

In that case please refer to our Referral team to inquire https://fido.sparkrefer.com/contact.html

balraj407

these all were done in store, yestrday i visited store also. They have no clue why this is happening.

I have enquired with in my community and none got referral amount since year

We finally came to conclusion that #Fido referral is a Scam #

Hi there @balraj407 , have you checked your referral page for status of your referrals? When you referred a friend, you were given a code to send and that code is unique to your referrals. Have you checked to confirm the status? You can check the status Here 

If nothing shows, you may not have used your unique referrals code.