cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido not honoring plan offer made less than 48 hours ago!

user5666
I'm a participant level 2

I've been a Fido customer for 8 years total, left briefly to go to Rogers (parent company), so still within the same family. And return 5 years ago, back to Fido. I finally am at a point I NEED to upgrade my phone, and called Fido on Saturday to do just that. 

I explained that I'm a student and need additional data. The rep started out very helpful, talking me through the available options. They offered me a loyalty plan, for $75/month with 10gb of data and additionally, was offering a $5 discount on top of the plan, to make it $70 a month. With an iPhone 8 Plus for $279.

I explained to the rep that I would take an hour to think about it, as I was driving at the time and go into the store and make the upgrade that evening. So pelase leave the offer in the notes on my account. 

When I went to the store, the rep there showed me that the rep I spoke with earlier, only wrote "customer wants to think about offer." And didn't write down any details referring to waht we discussed and what he offered me! 

I went on chat this morning to see if a rep can add it into the notes so I can go get the upgrade this evening after work, and was faced by an extremely disrespectful rep who's attitude to me was - why wouldn't I be thankful for Fido offering me such a great deal at $85/month instead.

I was appalled by the audacity of the rep, who even after I explained the situation too, refused to see why I was already upset with Fido in teh first place. Two reps back to back, that have completely ruined my experience with Fido. All I want is for Fido to honour the rate one of their reps offered me less than 48 hours ago!

Clearly, a loyal customer means nothing to Fido! 

4 REPLIES 4

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @user5666

Welcome to the community Smiley

I'm sorry to read about your experience.  I'll be sending you a PM so we can take a look at this together!

Talk to you soon!

user5666

Almost a week and still waiting from someone to reach out and offer support

Hey @user5666

We replied to your PM! 

Hello User5666,

Welcome to the community!

Have you checked your private messages (PMs)? The moderators are usually pretty good about trying to resolve issues. You should be able to access your PMs by clicking on your username (beside your avatar, above right) --> clicking middle envelope icon.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers