Fido extra - Shaw Academy is bogus

I'm a Participant Level 1 Samshah
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido extra - Shaw Academy is bogus

I recently started Shaw Academy as per Fido extra offer free one online course. This course is scheduled to 4 week. 2 week pass on and now it asks to register and pay money to continue. Shaw Academy supposed to offer one course completely free as per offer. 

Please do not use this free online course offer

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 1 natsky

Re: Fido extra - Shaw Academy is bogus

Hi,

To be Fair with Fido, This is not a bogus Fido Xtra. I attended the course and finished it in 4 wks without paying anything. Only if you wish to upgrade thats the time they gonna charge you for continuing to a more adavanced topic of the course.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 1 ivinissac

Hi Fido it is a scam!! At least someone from your marketing team should try the shawacadamy for a minute before offering to customers. Once you give all the information on their site there is no going back, you can't even delete the account nor the option to cancel it. There are no "contact us" option what you can do is delete the details and rename it with any junk so that they wont send reminder once you are up 4 weeks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 20

Hey @ivinissac! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm saddened to read that you had a poor experience with them. Have you tried to contact them here regarding your concerns?

Let us know.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 1 Dufferat

Mr. Moderator:

Is it not your responsibility (FIDO) to provide legitimate FREE offers that are not treated as scams? Why should any customer that signs up for the offer you advertise as free and then have to deal with that provider to make things right?!

You should be protecting your customers to ensure all is legitimate!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 20

Hey @Dufferat!

We assure you that all the offers we provide via Fido XTRA weekly are legitimate and we always want our customers to have the best experience possible at all times.

The current offer provides you with a free 4-week course and if you're experiencing any trouble with the course you do have to reach out to Shaw Academy directly at support@shawacademy.com

Can you maybe give us some more details though? What exactly is going on with the offer? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 20