cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido extra - Shaw Academy is bogus

Samshah
I'm a participant level 1

I recently started Shaw Academy as per Fido extra offer free one online course. This course is scheduled to 4 week. 2 week pass on and now it asks to register and pay money to continue. Shaw Academy supposed to offer one course completely free as per offer. 

Please do not use this free online course offer

28 REPLIES 28

rchavoshi
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Nick, 

Honestly, it was a joke trying to get in touch with them. They have phone numbers that you can call which then tell you to email them and when you email them showing confirmation of the end of your free trial and they completely ignore it. 

I simply want a refund. 

Thanks. 

Dakchyld

I want a refund too. I can’t believe Fido would allow a company like that to scam their customers like that. Smh.

rchavoshi

Hi Dakchyld, 

Contact Fido and ask them to escalate the problem to the office of the president of Fido, and speak to someone there. No one else can help you and the more complaints that they get about it, the more likely they will vet who they promote. 

I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charge KEEP EVERY EMAIL AND RECIEPT that you have and take screenshots of every single email that you receive from Shaw academy. 

I actually got multiple emails back from Shaw (Scam) academy and they falsified dates, tried to twist their terms into their benefit. But honestly, if they get enough dispute claims through credit card companies then I believe that the credit card companies might deem the company fraudulent. This I'm not entirely clear on. But I think it's the best route to get your money back. It worked for me! But it takes 120 days...

In addition, I think you should rate the app on googleplay, and write a review on glass door or trust pilot. This might curb others from joining and also getting scammed. Spread the word! 

Dakchyld

Thank you for the information. I will definitely follow your instructions.

Hey @Dakchyld,

Really sad to read about your experience with them, I assure you this is not what we aim for! 

I'll send you a PM asap to take a closer look into it with you!

Talk soon.

sd8c

Hey Claudia, it doesnt look like you guys have done anything about shaw academy even after so many complaints you are still offering the "free trials". Anyway I joined one of their course by mistake and I hope that they are not able to bill through fido as I have not provided any credit card info to them. I joined today and realised the scam and sent them an email to have my membership cancelled as I do not want to join their program. 

Hey @rchavoshi

We sent you a PM concerning all this.

Feel free to reply when you can Smiley

hope3

Yes, I did the same thing. Started a program and now can't finish it because I refuse to to pay when they claimed it was a free course. So misleading.