cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido, did you sell my phone # to Telemarketers??

peachin
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Since switching to Fido, I now receive calls from random companies soliciting business.  I NEVER had this issue with any other phone companies prior to this.  Telemarketing calls started once I switched to Fido.

My phone # has been on the government's "do not call list" for many many years now. 

Fido, what is going on and what can your company do to stop this??

1 REPLY 1

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I highly doubt Fido sold your phone number to telemarketers. That would be a vidolation of their privacy policy.

I am confident that telemarketers are now using computer generated random dialing systems and your phone number might have been randomly generated hence "selected".  When you pick up the phone and say "Hello", the computer registers this number as "in use" so it will make more calls to this number. If you don't answer, it will register this number as "inactive" and it might not call so often.

Most of these activities are carried out overseas thus it is beyond the confines of the Canada National do not call list. 

The best defence to your issue is not to pick up the phone and block the number.