Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido coverage

Jsueu3jeus
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello

I live near capilano bridge and there isn't enough coverage here. My phone keeps disconnecting from fido and reconnecting,  making it hard to make calls and send texts.

Is there anything fido can do to help me with this? Like change my connections frequency or something? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jsueu3jeus,

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be very many Fido/Rogers cellular towers in your area:

Capilano.jpg

~taken from here.

In addition to your proximity to the cellular towers, there are also many factors can affect cellular reception (see here and here). That's why no mobile provider can guarantee service. There are just too many factors beyond their control.

If your location is outside of Fido/Rogers coverage, but within another provider's coverage, there are roaming agreements which allow Fido/Rogers customers to use those networks (extended coverage or Fido-EXT). To use data in extended coverage, you would need to enable roaming on your device. Voice calls and messaging should automatically roam when required. You should note that extended coverage usage is meant on a temporary basis and the majority of your usage needs to be on the Fido/Rogers networks. You might consider trying to manually connecting to Fido-EXT to see if you can make/receive calls in your area.

Unfortunately, if your circumstances don't allow for adequate cellular signal, there isn't much that can be done. It's a common misunderstanding that any mobile provider will suit everyone everywhere. That simply isn't the case. If you spend a good portion of time outside of a mobile provider's coverage, perhaps that mobile provider isn't the right one for you.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers