Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido changing rates

marino_romero
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello,

We just received our latest monthly statements and our rate has increased.  We called Fido and we were told tha the two year contract has expired, but we never signed nor agreed to a 2-year term and I far as I know, the two year new phoness plan was the period given to pay the two iPhones we received as part of the WinBack promotion.

Actually, we paid off both phones a couple of months later after switching back to Fido.

Now, why is Fido changing our rate?

This is not a game where we leave and then come back because we are being chased down by the WinBack team.
Why is Fido making it so hard for loyal clients to stay with Fido.

Please help.

Marino Romero
XXX-XXX-XXXX
******@yahoo.com

7 REPLIES 7

FidoJonathan

Hey @marino_romero

While we try to minimize the impact on our customers, we sometimes need to adjust pricing as part of the normal course of business operations. This change will help us make necessary network enhancements to meet increasing consumer demand and deliver world-class connectivity.

Feel free to reach out to us through any of our support channels if you have any more questions regarding the increase or need any help.

marino_romero

Good morning,

When we were given the option to go back to Fido, there was never a two-year contract. I am very against them from previous experiences. All of them ended up switching to another company and that happened back in the day when I went from Telus to Fido.
So, when we started getting those 1001 phone calls to go back to Fido, we did it because the agreement was for $35.00 a month per line. The offer on the iPhones was the cherry on top, but no matter what your arguement might be, we never agreed to a two-year contract.
Please review your files and advise.

Marino

Hello @marino_romero,

If you financed a phone through Fido then you did have a contract unless you pay the full amount for the device, regardless if you did or didn't have an agreement you could have had an offer on the plan that was only for a set amount of time which has now expired.

marino_romero

Hi,

Is that the way Fido trick people? Pushing offers to get accepted?
We didn't want the phones, but at the same time, the offer on the iPhones was good. I always buy our phones outright and that's what I wanted to do, but I was told that the only way to get the offer on the phones is to to the financing. 
Which we did, but then, we paid off the phone right away.

Hello again @marino_romero it's no trick every carrier uses the same model when offering plans/devices.

An offer was presented to you and as you said you did not want the devices but you did take them because the offer was good, maybe you did not understand what you took and that's okay too but you would have also got an email confirmation regarding the plan and device along with the term .

marino_romero

Hi Jonathan,

I do understand the pricing adjustment process, but that was not done with us. Right after we switched to Shaw because of ghost roaming charges, we started receiving several calls each day asking us to go back to Fido. We went through a lengthy period were promises were broken by Fido after they were offered to us. 

And now we are going again with the same, when we switched back to Fido, your WinBack team made it very clear: comeback for $35.00 per phone number and that was it.

At any point, no one told us that it would be for a term, if that would've been the case, we would've stayed with Shaw for $25.00 unlimited.

On the other hand, if you are to increase your rates, you would've sent notifications regarding the new fees/adjustements and when they would take effect. But we haven't received any letter from you.

Again, Fido is breaking an agreement for no reason.
And as the title which is a reflection of dealing with Fido: Why is Fido making so hard for loyal clients to stay with Fido?

Why?

Marino

The Service Agreement page is only used for changes that you’ve requested. We let you know about rate increases in other ways, like letters, or bill messages. In this case, notife was left on your bill 2 invoices prior to the change.

We would be happy to discuss options that would better suit you over the phone, via Live Chat and private message on Facebook or Twitter. You can contact us here.