My account got hacked 2 days ago and someone changed one of my phones plans, plus tried to order a new phone to send to someone other than me. Fido flagged this and called me (thanks Fido!) and changed my phone Plan back to my original plan, HOWEVER now my data doesn’t work.
Internet, Facebook, whatsapp etc doesn’t work unless I’m on wifi. I got a message from my internet saying I have to buy a data top up but I haven’t exceeded my data this month. There have been no changes to the phone and I can call and text just fine.
So far 2 phone calls (over an hour so far)to Fido has done nothing. It’s like my Plan has no data though Fido tells me they have data with my plan. I’m disappointed now in how little they seem to be able to help and no one has gotten back to me with a solution.
I'm really sorry to learn about your account! I assure you that our customers' security is one of our main priorities and that our team in charge is on top of your account making sure everything is set back to normal!
As for your data connexion, it should definitely be working and I'm sad to know that we weren't yet able to figure out what's going on.
Don't worry though, we're here to help you with this
I have a few questions that'll help me get a better understanding of what's going on:
- What is the model of your phone?
- What happens when you try to open a data session, are you getting any kind of message?
- Have you gotten any 90% or 100% data notifications so far?
- When you check your unbilled usage through the app or on Fido.ca, does it show that you're under your data limit?
- Have you tried restarting your phone to see if this help?
Let me know and we'll take it from there
- What is the model of your phone? Samsung8
- What happens when you try to open a data session, are you getting any kind of message? Facebook and whatsapp won’t load, emails aren’t being received in inbox and when I try the internet the below message
- Have you gotten any 90% or 100% data notifications so far? No. Fido told me yesterday I have over 3.5 GB left for this month
- When you check your unbilled usage through the app or on Fido.ca, does it show that you're under your data limit? No. It says because the plan changed mid month it can’t show data usage
- Have you tried restarting your phone to see if this help? Yes multiple times. The phone was working fine before the plan got changed when I was hacked.