cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays receiving sms issue again

dknl
I'm a contributor level 1

Ihad this issue in the past and it looks like it's back again!  So frustrating.  For the last 2 days i have been receiving sms messages with very long delays from time sms was sent to me to when it was delivered to my device.  The delays are random and causes messages to come in at different order!  I have tried rebooting phone, using default sms app, using different sms app, changing to different network modes.  If i place my sim in my iphone i still have the same issues. It doesnt matter who i txt on different networks...it still happens.

Device: Samsung S7 Edge

5 REPLIES 5

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @dknl

I see that you've done a lot of the basic troubleshooting already, good!

Just to confirm, your OS is up to date? As well as the messaging Apps?

You also send that it is not the first time. Did this issue persist after updating to a new SIM card?

dknl

Hi

Yes Android is latest and all play store apps are up to date.  I have had this issue a few times in the past and each time it took someone at Fido's end ti do something in the backend on my account at Fido to resolve it for me.  Not sure what it was.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @dknl

Did you get a chance to test a different SIM card in your phone to see if it resolves the issue? 

Let me know if you'd like us to look into getting you a new SIM from here, and I'll send you a PM. Smiley 

dknl

No i haven't tried a new sim.

i remember having to do that the last time too but can't recall if it helped or not.  Why would we have to keep changing sim to resolve this issue repeatedly?

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

You should not have to keep changing your SIM card @dknl.

We simply ask this to as it can help us isolate the issue. As in, if it is related to the device, network or SIM. 

I'll send you a PM so we can check out all the details together.