cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido care sucks

unhappyclient
I'm a participant level 2

A word of warning to anyone thinking of adding Fido care to your plan.

Your time and money are better spent with apple directly. I should have read how the policies work, but i'm usually one to just ask the sales rep that's helping. Yes they will cover a broken screen, however your options are to pay a $400 processing fee in order to send a replacement, in which case you return your damaged phone once you recieve the new one, OR.... Pay $179 and send your phone away for a minimum of 7 days. My experience with apple, is to make an appointment and they fix it on site while you wait, or replace it, and usually they waive any fees involved. lesson learned and will not waste money on Fido care again!!

2 REPLIES 2

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @unhappyclient, thanks for sharing.

When signing up for Device Protection we do send out a welcome kit that provides all the necessary information, it's important to read it to make sure you're aware of everything your protection offers.

That said, the first screen repair is free if you have Device Protection Premium. For other repairs or replacements, fees do apply. These are usually much lower than getting a new phone though so the service is worth it; especially when the phone is new.

They do also offer the option to get repairs done at authorised repair centres if you have one nearby, this way you don't have to ship the phone out to be fixed.

I hope that clears up some things!

unhappyclient

Yes, a front screen is covered, if it’s the first time it happens. Your still without a phone for more than a week while they replace it. 
the back side of the phone has no forgiveness, or the camera lens for that matter. Bottom line is Apple care ends up being less in the long run with superior coverage and customer service.