cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido breaking the offer

Vicky23
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I had a ridiculous experience with Fido today. I was offered a new phone plan with one specific offer tailored for me this afternoon and since I had to rush for an appointment in the middle of the call I  was told by the representative that I will be given the same offer even after I call back with any other representative but when I called back they denied the offer is invalid and refused to honour the offer made. This is fraudulent on the side of Fido and I honestly felt scammed. I have wasted atmost 2 hours speaking to one agent after other and all I got was a claim that the offer is fake and they cannot honour it. So much for being a loyal customer! Bye bye Fido!

1 REPLY 1

Hi Vicky23, so sorry that you may have missed a great plan offer. As an incurable sceptic, I have a couple of questions regarding your offer,

Are you at the end of a contract or near it? Did the agent give their name and extension number or a quote number? As all calls are recorded,  was there a record of the conversation on your file? The reason I am asking is that it may have been a bigger scam to try to get some of your personal information and maybe a credit card number.

I personally know 5 people who were tricked by similar calls and cost them hundreds of dollars that the banks or credit card companies couldn't retrieve. 

I'm not saying this is the case here, but it is possible that someone else was trying to trick you into providing information.

If you are confident that it was indeed a Fido representative,  then perhaps you could ask if they have any record of a conversation with you regarding the offer.The person may also have been a contractor trying to get you to change your plan legitimately.

I've probably lost opportunities by being so sceptical,  but there are so many scams these days that I tend to err on the side of caution. I hope you get it figured out. All the best,