cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido and False advertising

Matthieucunha57
I'm a participant level 3

So I last month activated A new Sim card, Online were it advertised 60 Waived fee on Activation. Transfer out its all a sick joke by Fido, Got charged it anyway.  

I paid 70 out of 80, We're it was only supposed to be my plan. An then get a call 2 times saying I need to pay 10 or my Service will be Cut, So I had to call support ( we all know what that means Hours of waiting) So after one hour and 30 min........ They say it's a glitch and not a policies that it charges it anyway.... And we pay it anyway then gets deducted... 

That's what Scammers due and charge you what ever they wish and call it a glitch and not policy...... Like they don't even know that the Computer they use is Writteh in code to spcieficly work that.....  

So I canceled my account an will see them in Court! As a friend! Never use this scam of a company if you can call it that! 

3 REPLIES 3

taskino

They can not advertise a device price above its retail price and pretend that they are giving you a discount. Plans can advertise their price, but they are misleading people about devices. How can you raise the retail price from 1463 to 1800 and pretend to give incentives from them if you sign a contract for two years? That is a greedy SCAM or hoarding and increasing the price. it is irregular

FidoKenny

Hello @Matthieucunha57 

Really sorry to learn about your experience here. 

If you activate or upgrade your device through rogers.com or fido.ca (excluding live chat) the Setup Service Fee is waived.

I'm sad to see that you decided to stop your service with us. If you change your mind, we will be happy to have you back with us. 

Matthieucunha57
  • I did it via app, I got charged it anyway.... so I paid the amount 70 out of 80. Then get a call saying my service would be cut..... my plan is 45. That's 25 extra.  It on the app when making the Sim request Activation. It says no one time fee..  I know 3 other people that said the same. They got a onetime fee. They had to call and get it waived. So I did, and they say that they can't waived it... that 100 % false advertising...  it's illegal do this type of practice.  So your wrong on your response.  Not in my case. I accept what you said. But that's not what happend with me. I only realized you Fido is Roger's made the charges that should of been waived. So I paid  avoid extra charges.  And long-awaited times. So i paid 70 out of 80.  Then I got a second call saying my service was to be cut....  No fix by support so that equal policy.   That's a poor wat to conduct trade.  Roger's should be ashamed of themselves Fido Rogers  same scam.