cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Wifi Calling for iPhone bills for minutes that should be free with circle calling

KevinBroten
I'm a contributor level 2

Just had my phone go over talk minutes very fast.

Called into support, and after investigating found out that with Fido WifiCalling for iPhone that circle callings free minutes is not active for wifi calls. So we've been billed for calls we thought was to be free as circle calling. It has used up ALL my talk time and overbilled now. I typically only call circle numbers with a very limited amount of standard calls.

Lesson learned: Wifi Calling # Removes Circle Calling #

7 REPLIES 7

647nk

Oh man that sucks I never thought that would happen.
Hope you can get a credit back to your account!

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @KevinBroten, don't worry we'll definitely look into this. I'll get back to you ASAP.

KevinBroten

Thank you Rachael. For sure seems not functioning how it 'should' be. Confused

If this is how it was intended to function, the terms and conditions should most deffinitely be updated to explicitly state the Circle Calling billing feature is disabled when placing wifi calls.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

Ack! I wish Fido/Rogers would treat biling for wifi calling the same way they treat Rogers One Number,which is a nearly identical service. That way any usage while on wifi wouldn't count towards your buckets at all, except international long distance. It would be nice for them to have consistent billing practices. 

KevinBroten

So true @10yearfido. VoWiFi uses far less resources when placing a call. Infact we are personally using and being billed by ISP's for the digital bits. Which is technically double billing between two different services. The dial in number connection to the VoWiFi shouldn't be much more expensive then a VoIP DIN. Which is only 1-4$ a month in costs. 

Realistically VoWiFi should be like RON and free calls. as the cost of terminating the call is already recovered from the cellular plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

well that does suck!

Hey @Community.

I just wanted to clarify the information concerning this subject.

It's definitely compatible with Circle calling.

Wi-Fi calling works off your plan, whether you have Circle Calling, Long Distance (etc) included.

You will only be charged if you make calls or texts that exceeds your plan or that your plan does not offer.

Hope this helps everyone Smiley