cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Website: It's the little things that can be annoying.

PissedOffAppUse
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

For the most part, the Fido website works well, but there is on annoying thing I come across each month when my bill is available.

I like to archive PDF copies of all bills, so for my Fido bill I go to the page to view my bill. On that page, there is what looks like three or four links: "Print PDF", "Save PDF", "Download usage as: Excel | CSV"

Each of the three quoted links have a graphic image associated with them, so it kind of looks like three things, likely individual links, though almost like buttons if they didn't have a border or were separate colour from the page background. As a user, I am lead to believe that in order to save my bill as a PDF, I have to move my mouse to the part that says "Save PDF" and click followed by the usual procedure for saving a file somewhere.

However, it turns out this part of the screen that looks like three or four separate things are in fact just one single link. Clicking any part of this link opens a pop-up dialog where one can pick from four things to do (Printing, Saving, Downloading Excel, Downloading CSV).

Good practice for a web site is to either make it look like a single link that opens the box to select the specific function, OR have separate links that take the user to the specific function. Not both. Personally, I prefer the former, as it requires less effort from the user - a principle that I like to follow when I develop websites and applications.

It would be nice if this could be corrected, but it's understandable that it would be low on Fido's priorities. I just hope they don't have someone respond by reiterating what I've already described, as many companies do.

1 REPLY 1

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @PissedOffAppUse Smiley

We're always working to improve our digital services and we want things to be as user-friendly as possible.

We appreciate the feedback and thank you for taking the time to provide it!