Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Roaming not working in India

AchintaSarkar
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I would like to bring to your notice that I am unable to use my current Fido SIM  while roaming in India. Since the day I landed (2nd March 2020), it never got the network; I had no choice to use a local SIM card in India to get going. It is almot 2 months I stuck here due to COVID 19 lock down and I need to check my calls and messages to catch up. Following are the steps I tried but with no success -

• Use the SIM in different mob than my existing one; although my Indian SIM is working in my existing mob
  • Tried choosing all the network manully
  • Restart the network settings and even restart the mob several times
  • Set Cellular Data Option on

Nothing have worked and not sure what I am missing here. I have been paying my bill without using it. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

PP0336
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I faced an issue when I went to India in April 2021. I had the network in New Delhi and in Chhattisgarh but lost it in Odisha for the whole month of my stay there. I called Fido and followed all the instruction (Manual network search , Network reset etc.), nothing worked.

I wanted to check if anyone else faced this type of issue recently. I have some travel plan this month again hence asking. I checked with Fido and they said its not in their control if i am not getting netwrok there.

Thank you.

Kisholay

The problem is the SIM. If you've upgraded to a 5G sim in Canada then it won't work in India. Same happened to me, luckily I had my old 4G sim. I inserted it and everything started working nicely. I'm sure it's too late to have your issue resolved, however, you have an answer as to what happened to you.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @AchintaSarkar,

Did you ever put any roaming block on your line? It sounds like there is a roaming block and that could be why you are experiencing that problem. 

You will have to reach out to customer service to have them look at your account to make sure no blocks are on it.

You can contact customer service even from outside of the country through any of the available methods listed here.

rathprabir

What was the issue, I am also facing same issue, Network was coming properly through Idea network but all of sudden it's showing No service from last 2 days. 

Here you go for the details of my post. Need your help on this issue.

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Sim-showing-No-Service-in-INDIA/m-p/160451#M51967

vikas2910

If this issue was ever resolved, Can someone please post how as well. Had network for first week. Now nothing. I see Fido Available but with cross sign on network. Not able to manually register on any network as well.

Hello @vikas2910,

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried contacting us to troubleshoot this?

What has been tried up until now?

Let us know! 

-FidoAnthonyZ