cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Roam for repaid Pulse plan

nithinsridhart
I'm a participant level 3

Hi, I have a Prepaid Pulse plan which includes unlimited talk, unlimited text, 1gb data ($60 per month). If I travel out of Canada, can I top up my account with $50 beforehand and use Fido Roam for 3 days max at $15 per day?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Nithinsridhart,

To clarify, the Pulse Plans were post-paid plans. From what you describe, you have a monthly pre-paid plan. Is that correct? If yes, Fido Roam is unfortunately not available with pre-paid plans. However, you would be able to top-up your account beforehand and use your services on a pay-per-use basis, though roaming data is not available on pre-paid accounts. You can view the pay-per-use rates here.

You might consider verifying your phone is compatible with the networks at your local destination.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

nithinsridhart

Thanks Cawtau. Yes, I have a monthly pre-paid plan. Will the pay-per-use roaming charges apply for calls received too? I plan to only receive calls from Canada on my Fido pre-paid connection while staying in UAE.

Hello again,

Thank you for confirming your plan type. Yes, any usage will be considered roaming usage. Both making and receiving calls will be charged the pay-per-use roaming rates. While receiving SMS won't be charged, sending SMS would also incur the pay-per-use roaming rate charge.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

nithinsridhart

Thanks for the clarification. I see a 'Preferred international rates' add-on for $5/month which it seems will give me a lower pay-per-use rate compared to standard. Can you confirm that this add-on is applicable to my prepaid plan? 

Hello again,

I think you should be able to avail of that add-on since it is available as a pre-paid add-on (see here). However, you should note that the preferred International rates are not the same as roaming rates. The preferred International rates only apply on calls made from Canada. Making or receiving calls outside of Canada would be considered roaming and pay-per-use roaming rates would still apply.

That said, the add-on would reduce your regular pay-per-use long-distance rates for calls made from Canada

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers