cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Roam Middle East Destinations

Wickkedd
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I noticed that Fido Roam only supports Israel for the Middle East. This is signficantly short of all offerings from Telus, Bell, Koodo, etc. There are other popular Middle East destinations including Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Lots of Canadians frequently visit Dubai for holidays, so I am shocked that you are far behind the competition here. Are you guys looking to expand into those places? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey everyone! 

I wanted to hop in here and provide an update as we recently made some changes to Fido Roam!

We've expanded Fido Roam to cover more international destinations bringing our total to over 125 locations worldwide!  Awesome, right?

In terms of Asia and the Middle East, Fido Roam now includes:

Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam.

I also just wanted to add in that our travel packs have now expired. 

Hope this helps! 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Wickkedd,

Welcome to the community!

I understand Fido Roam does not include those destinations in the Middle East. However, in case you were unaware, you can purchase a travel pack when you visit those locations. Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates would be considered Zone 3 (see here).

I also understand that having to purchase a travel pack may not be as convenient as some of the other providers' Roam offerings. However, different providers can have different roaming agreements with local providers at the various destinations. So it might not be that they are 'behind the competition', they just might have a different roaming agreement.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers