cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Roam Charges

janag
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I’m visiting the US and I want to turn on Fido Roam. It’s included in my monthly plan and I have unlimited talk and text. My question is: will people in the US with a local number be charged an international call and text fee if they tried to contact my number? 
Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Janag,

Welcome to the community!

You should note that Fido Roam is already enabled. There is nothing to turn-on, per se. Enabling roaming data only allows your phone to use data when roaming. Disabling roaming data does not prevent roaming for voice and/or messaging.

**edit**

@janag wrote:... It’s included in my monthly plan and I have unlimited talk and text...

While access to Fido Roam is included with your plan, are you aware of the fees for using the service? You can view the fees here. For the US, it would cost $7 per 24 hours for a maximum of 15 days per billing cycle.**

For people in the US contacting your phone, it would be like them contacting you while you're in Canada. They're still calling or texting a Canadian phone number. Whether they are charged for doing so would depend on their plans and services.

For people in Canada contacting your phone while you're away, again, it would be like them contacting you while you're still in Canada.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @janag,

When someone with a US number calls you while you are roaming in the US it will not be a local call for them, they will be billed according to their plan.

If someone in Canada calls you while you are roaming in the US it will not be considered a long-distance call for them.