cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Prepaid, unable to register credit card to account

dj127910
I'm a participant level 1

I tried registering mutliple different credit cards to my prepaid account via website, automated service, and just recently through a representative.

All of them have been rejected, one explanation I got from the rep was that my card was not from a financial institution (PC financial) so we tried my BMO one that failed too.

So could I get confirmation that PC financial mastercards have been officially rejected from registering on Fido systems, and a solution to my problem, although I have been using one since forever through Fido, and the only thing was it was about to expire.

Thanks.

***Edited to add labels***

35 REPLIES 35

I'm a contributor level 1

I was issued a new credit card recently and tried to register with auto refill but keep getting the error: "Enter a valid credit card number." after entering the new details. The name and address match the account - I was already signed up with auto refill (using a card issued from the same company/bank) and never had any issues updating my details before. I called in and a rep. manually added the card and said it would appear within a day in My Account - still not there. I've noticed a number of posts like this when searching:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/thread-id/3973

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/thread-id/2812

Can someone advise? Thanks.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey 2012!

I can see that the post is dating from a week ago; were you able to get things sorted out since then?

I did receive a text indicating that my credit card was now registered - when I login to My Account, however, it still does not appear. I have a feeling that the registration was unsuccessful despite the text message. Please advise if this can be verified/resolved.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey 2012!

I'd suggest that you send us an e-mail regarding this matter. You may do so through the Contact Us page of Fido.ca. An agent will be able to have a good look at your account in order to ensure that the credit card is properly showing in our system and linked to the AutoRefill service as well.

Please let me know!

Ared

I had this same problem last night; again, I was told PC is "not a bank".  Unfortunately, I don't have a second credit card so I'm not sure what to do--buying vouchers when my funds run low is a pain.

Fdlver
I'm a participant level 2
I have the same problem with credit card registration. Tried 3 different credit cards. Called Fido twice, visited a Fido kiosk once, was told that Fido system was down, wait for it to be resolved. It's been 4 days, still not resolved.

djwazzy

Same issue here. PC Financial MC and TD Canada Trust Visa. Can't register any new cards on my prepaid account

dlichiar

It's been 3 weeks since I've tried the 1st time to register my PC Card with fido on my prepaid sevice and every time I called I've been told that a "senior" officer will look into it and get back to me. Nobody did.

Fdlver
This is ridiculous! This problem has apparently been going on for a while, and affected many people. Yet Fido not only failed to solve the problem, but also failed to acknowledge the problem publicly and provide a clear time frame as to when the problem will be solved. This kind of service is unacceptable!

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about this. 

In order to register a credit card to your Fido prepaid account, the name on the credit card and that of the Fido account must match as they are cross-referenced during registration. The same applies to your address and date of birth, the spelling of the name and address.

Should the information not match, your credit card will be rejected by our system.

I hope this helps.

Fdlver
Thanks for the reply. But I am sorry, your response does not apply to the situation. I am sure most people know the credit card has to match the Fido account. In my case, I accidentally deleted my registered credit card from My Account, and was trying to re-register the SAME card. When it did not work, I tried all my other credit cards. After they all failed, I phoned Fido, and even went to visit a Fido kiosk. Every time, the Fido agent failed to register any credit card, and then the answers were the same, "the system is down, we cannot help you, please try again online or call back in 24 hours". Recently, I was told to try again in a week!

So, if Fido has not realized there has been a problem, I hope you will realize it now and start addressing it, it has been too long (23 days in my case)!

djwazzy

Same issue here. Tried to register the same card again and it did not accept it. This is not a simple matter of entering incorrect data, this appears to be a larger issue on Fido's end with the inability of accepting new credit cards for Fido Prepaid. Not sure if Fido has made any changes on their back end recently but I suspect that is the case.

At this point I have no other option but to switch to the competition as my minutes are running out. I understand I can buy prepaid vouchers and use those for the time being, but I enjoy the ability to use a credit card and have it automatically charged.

It's unfortunate, but I just won't deal with this issue anymore as it has been on going for over a month.

auser

In my experience with Fido prepaid for the last 10 years, it appears that Fido intentionally makes online service difficult to use and restricts or limits service in order to force users to switch to post paid.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey auser.

That definitely doesn't sound like us and I'm sad to see that that's the impression that you have of our services.

What's going on with your services? What are you having difficulty with? 

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

This is a known issue with CC registration with regards to prepaid...calling fido representative to only have them repeat what i just said is a waste of your time...

Alternative options :

• Use another credit card.
  • Use a voucher.
  • Proceed on Fido.ca with Interac Online ( if you have already created your interact online account..it's like paypal )

let us know Smiley

I also want to add:

• Only Canadian credit cards are accepted:
    • Prepaid credit cards are not accepted.
  • Only one credit card per prepaid account is permitted.
  • A specific credit card cannot be registered to more than 2 prepaid accounts (including Fido and Rogers).

Smiley

ry13
Any resolution to this? Having similar problems. My situation:

I use an American Express card for refills. I got a replacement card yesterday and tried to register it. Fido's website said authorization was rejected. I tried again, and again it said it was rejected.

I called Amex who said they did authorize it both times.

I tried registering a Capital One MasterCard, and it wouldn't even go to the authorization phase. I guess Fido doesn't recognize Capital One as a Canadian card.

I phoned Fido and tried to explain my problem. Same old line re needing to have the same name and address, which I assured the agent was the same. He ran the Amex number and told me it was rejected. When I explained that Amex had said they had approved it, he mumbled something about needing to wait 48hrs to see it. I was confused and asked him to repeat. He repeated that it takes 48hrs, and asked me to check my account on Wed (this was Fri evening, so weekends don't count).

So is Fido doing a manual override on their defective verification software? If not, what was the agent talking about?

RY

Hi there ry13

Are you still experiencing issues registering your CC?   

ry13
Just logged into my account, and it shows my new credit card as registered - whereas it wasn't a few hours earlier. I take it this was a manual override?

Whatever it was, thanks.

dsfsafafds

As of today I am still not able to register my Capital One Mastercard to my prepaid account.