Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Overage Minutes

clarenceh
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Fido Community, 

I have a $40/month plan which includes 500 minutes. How much do you charge  per minute after you have exceeded the amount of minutes per month? 

Thanks,

Clarence H.

7 REPLIES 7

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Clarenceh,

Welcome to the community!

Additional minutes are 50¢ per minute (from Canada to Canadian numbers). If you have call forwarding, those additional minutes are 20¢ per minute (see Full Details here).

I trust you are aware that both incoming and outgoing calls count against your 500 minutes.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

eurocrash
I'm a contributor level 1

Extremely disappointing I just got an overage bill of $96.50 in addition to my monthly $45 plan. 

Why could your salesperson not been more explicit that overage is a outrageous .50 per minute.

Shame on you Fido.

Hey @eurocrash!

We understand how surprising it can be when receiving over usage charges on your account. 

Keep in mind that you can always follow your usage online on Fido.ca or even on the app.

Also, our over usage rate is mentioned online here, under "See Full Details". 

eurocrash

Actaully that does nto help at at all. I had checked my "full details of plan" as per screen shot and your directions and npowhere does it specify .50c per minute to receive a local phone call. See scrren shot.Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 4.27.31 PM.png

Hello Eurocrash,

FidoValeska provided a link to the Plans page on the website. Clicking on the Full details on that page:

Plans.jpg

Taken from here.

The overage rate for calls I highlighted in blue. The information would also have been in the agreement or contract when you first sign for the service.

I admit, it would be helpful to provide that information in your personalised Full Plan details as well.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Blem272

My issue is adding minutes is difficult. I’m still not sure how. It’s so easy to text for extra data, why the struggle with minutes?

Hello Blem272,

Welcome to the community!

What plan do you have? There is no option to add an additional allotment of minutes. If you've finished your allotment of minutes, you can simply continue to use your phone for calls. However, the additional minutes would be 50¢ per minute (from Canada to Canadian numbers). 

For pre-paid plans, the cost of additional minutes might vary depending on plan. However, you can continue to use your phone to make and receive calls providing your account has sufficient funds.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers