cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Macc

as_14
I'm a participant level 2

I have been charged on my credit card by Fido Macc even though I am not in Canada and am currently not using my number. What do I do? I took my sim card out of my phone earlier this month but still charged a huge amount. Help! 

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello As_14,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you might not have understood how post-paid plans operate. Post-paid plans would continue (regardless of whether you actually use the services) until you cancel your services. Simply removing the SIM card from your device does not cancel services. Had you cancelled your services when you left Canada?

On the other hand, if you are planning on returning to Fido, they do offer a temporary suspension for a reduced fee on eligible lines. However, you should note that the temporary suspension only applies to your services. You would still need to pay the monthly costs for financing a device.

Unfortunately, there is no way to cancel services or add the temporary suspension online. You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You would need to contact customer service. I understand you are currently outside of Canada. They do offer a contact number to use when abroad. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

as_14

Yes, I did call customer service and suspended my account starting Novemeber 29th 2023 and I was told that I would only be charged a minimal amount to keep my number running. How am I charged $277 for fido macc this month? 

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. As previously noted, the forums are community-driven so we would not have access to customer accounts. If you would like to discuss your issue, you would need to contact customer service. You can view the various means of contacting them in the post above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers