cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido-EXT

Ardalan
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi there, when I manually search for networks on my S7, it shows TWO networks Called "Fido-EXT" alongside the original "Fido" network.

What carriers are these networks? Who are Fido's Canadian Partners in other words.  Telus, Rogers, Bell etc. 

And what's the difference between the two? 

Thanks

Ardalan

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ardalan,

Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers and use their networks. With the roaming agreements, Fido and Rogers customers -- with applicable plans -- can roam on the other networks (Bell and Telus) when they are outside of Fido/Rogers coverage (extended coverage). You can view the designated extended coverage areas here. However, you should note the coverage areas shown are only approximate. You might also be able to access extended coverage in areas not designated as such.

The two Fido-EXT networks refer to Bell and Telus. When your device is outside of Fido/Rogers coverage, it will connect to the best Fido-EXT network available (assuming your device is within their coverage **edit** and roaming is enabled**).

You should note that extended coverage usage is only meant on a temporary basis and you will likely be unable to access either Fido-EXT if the device is within Fido/Rogers coverage.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers