cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Customer Retention is a joke

Advil84
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

After 10 years and w 2 lines and home internet they couldn't match Koodo Offer. The agent was not helpful not even after he checked Koodos offer online. I made up my minds I am switching one of the line... and will be switching other line as well soon. @@Retention 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Advil84,

Welcome to the community!

Fido generally does not price match on an individual basis.

Are you intending on getting a new phone? At least for Ontario, many of Fido's plans and Koodo's BYOP plans are similar. However, if you are intending on getting a new phone, you should note that they have very different financing options. Fido recently switched from their previous subsidised model to their Payment Program. With the new payment program, there are no more options for varying the amount you pay monthly for the device (ie Large, Medium, Small, etc). The entire cost is spread over the duration of the contract (in some cases, a downpayment may be requred). On the other hand, Koodo still have their Tab system. If you are comparing the offers with different financing options, they can be quite dissimilar.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Advil84,

Welcome to our Community!

We assure you that we provide the best offers possible for our customers at all times. Each provider is different but, on our side, we are offering plans filled with perks like Fido XTRA, Data Bytes, Data Overage Protection for the lowest prices we can. 

With this being said, we really wouldn't want to see you go and we appreciate your long-time loyalty tremendously!

I'll send you a PM here on the Community to revise your account, talk soon!