Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Account Fraud - Account Upgraded and Device Ordered

lyoidlopes
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

My Fido account was hacked and my tablet plan was upgraded to phone. Contacted FIDO and the opened a fraud case. The fraudster changed my address and email on contact preferences. The worst part is FIDO did not message me or email me when there were changes made to my existing account. The representative tol me, Fido would not send any notifications for contact preferences changes. I am so mad at FIDO. For all other users - please do not setup Direct Deposut ans the fraudster took advantage of my credit card being saved on my account. FIDO fraud invetigation is yet to call me bac. I will post all the updates here. If anybody is planning to join FIDO, wait till I post the updated response from them. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoSaira

Hey @lyoidlopes

Welcome to the Community!

I am sorry about what happened to you. It certainly isn't a pleasant situation to be in. The security of your account remains our main priority. We continually strengthen processes to prevent unauthorized access to on our customers accounts. However, with fraudsters using evolving techniques, frauds to remain a reality.

However, I want to assure you that our Fraud department will thoroughly investigate the situation and sort things out with you. As long as you contact them and leave your details, they will get back to you.

If you haven't already, I would also suggest that you report this incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud centre.

lyoidlopes

2020-05-14 - FIDO Fraud team has not yet contacted me - I have reported the issue to Canadian Fraud System

2020-05-14 11_10_27-CAFC Fraud Reporting System.png

Thanks for the update @lyoidlopes

There are certain delays but someone should get in touch with you soon. Of you don't hear from anyone by the beginning of next week, please reach out to us through one of those channels and we'll be happy to look into it for you.