Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling guilty for being too loyal to FIDO

losha
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Fido,

I have been a loyal client since 2003, always pay my bill on time, and never had a non pay. I have added a second line in 2017 when the $60 /10 GB plan came out. I hardly use both plans for 10 GB, my second line which is only less than 2 yrs old, gets special offers, while my old line that is loyal for over 16 years does not get offers and any phone i want to purchase is over $800 unless i change my plan, but i already pay so much for my plan. Is this loyalty retention you guys offer? Should i think of leaving fido after all those years?

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon

4 REPLIES 4

Jedi_Master
I'm a participant level 3

They don't care about loyalty. They just want to see how much money they can squeeze out of us. I've been a customer for over 10 years, don't use much data or make a lot of calls. But they are increasing my rate because they think I won't leave. Well, I'm considering switching to Freedom Mobile. I'm tired of being rewarded for my loyalty with price increases. Bye bye Fido.

Hey @Jedi_Master

First, thank you for your loyalty, ten years doesn't go unnoticed. 

To ensure we can continue to deliver the best possible experience to our customers, from time to time we review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing investments in our network and our service, I assure you that we do value your loyalty and we consistently review our plans to offer you the best value! 

There are many perks that come with staying with Fido, you can find out more about that here

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at your options. 

Talk to you soon! 

Vammas158

Hi Losha..!

I feel your pain, I’m in the same boat, but it looks like if you are a new customer, they give you better deal.They make people like you and me feel like we are not that important, trust me, they made a lot of money on us over the years, they always win. I’m happy, I’m not the only one feeling that way..! Good luck..!

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @losha!

Thanks for posting! 

First off, I wanted to take the time to let you know that we really appreciate that you have been with us for so long! We think it's amazing that you have been with us for 16 years. It's not something we see very often and, thus, i can assure you that we definitely value your loyalty!

We certainly don't want to see you go, however, targeted offers are based on many different factors and offers differ for each line depending on the circumstances. 

One other thing that is important to understand here, is that the pricing on a new device is entirely dependent on which tier your plan belongs to (small, medium, large, etc.) at the time you upgrade. The higher the plan tier you select, the higher the subsidy you get on a new device and vice versa.

We'd be happy to take a closer look with you and go over your options. We'll send you a PM soon.