cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False advertising

Chelsm
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

So I went to a Fido on Black Friday to see if I could update my phone because it was cracked so they told me they could give me a Black Friday deal of 60 dollars a month for an iPhone XR so I went with the deal , my first bill was fine and than after my bill started to increase now let me mention before this I was with Chatr which I totally recommend doing . So I started getting bills of $69 dollars and so I called them and asked why this was happening since they gave me a deal for 60 dollars a month and they said it was because I didn't pay the bill on time which I payed it a day late because my bill is on the 27th of every month and I don't get paid till the 28th , and so they "changed" it and said I would be paying 60 dollars a month again and now AGAIN. I'm getting a 69 dollar bill on a supposedly  60 dollar plan I was with Chatr before and I have never had to pay a fee for missing one day of payment I wish I had never went to Fido and stayed with my cracked iPhone 7 Plus which I was paying 56 dollars NO HIDDEN FEES!!!!!!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Chelsm,

Welcome to the community!

You can't really compare your previous Chatr plan with your current Fido plan. They are completely different plan offerings. Chatr plans are pre-paid only whereas your current Fido plan is a post-paid plan. You can view the differences between the two offerings here. While Fido does offer some pre-paid options, your current plan is post-paid.

Each offering has their own good points and not-so-good points. It appears you're taking advantage of one of the benefits of post-paid plans. That is, you're subsidising a phone. The drawback, however, is that Fido does have to receive payment on time. You should note that depending on your payment method, it can take a couple of days for the monies to be received by Fido (see here).

If what you're being charged is for late payment, that's not false advertising. All that information would have been provided in the documentation you should have received when you got your phone and plan.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Chelsm,

Welcome to the community!

The $69 is that before or after taxes?

If you pay your bill late you will be charged 3% of the owing balance.

You should also note that your cycle date and payment due dates are different if your cycle ends on the 27th of each month you have roughly two weeks grace period to pay the bill.

Assuming you are in Ontario and your monthly fee is $60 + 3% late fee = $61.80 + 13% tax = $69.83.

Is this what is happening?

If not just look at the details of your bill and it will tell you exactly what you are being charged for.