cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO's Scam team: Winback department

mukh1994
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I would like to share my recent experience with Fido, which has left me incredibly disappointed and frustrated. Having been a loyal Fido customer for the past 3.5 years, I recently decided to switch to another service provider due to issues with Fido's customer service and their expensive plans for existing customers.

My ordeal began when Fido's Win-Back team started repeatedly contacting me, despite never having requested their assistance. They dangled an enticing offer in front of me - 20GB for $30 - which I accepted. To finalize this offer, they proceeded to confirm my personal information, including my ID number and credit card details, both of which they already had on record. This process resulted in a hard inquiry on my credit report and the opening of an account, which, frustratingly, led to no further communication or progress.

In my attempt to resolve this matter, I engaged in a chat session with a Fido customer representative who assured me that someone from the relevant team would get in touch. However, this promise went unfulfilled, and no callback ever occurred. Subsequent calls to Fido's customer service only led to being transferred from one department to another, with no resolution other than the recurring assurance that the Win-Back team would contact me.

Desperate for a solution, I took to the Fido community to express my concerns, where moderators echoed the same promise that the Win-Back team would reach out. Even Fido's own customer representatives don't have any proper way to contact their own department. Regrettably, I am now writing this review more than 20 days later, and I have yet to receive any form of communication or resolution from Fido.

My primary motivation in sharing this experience is to warn others who may encounter similar situations. If you receive a call from Fido's supposed Win-Back team, exercise caution and do not share your personal information with them. My experience has not only consumed a significant amount of my time but has also negatively impacted my credit due to the hard inquiry and the opening of an unused account that I am currently stuck with.

I hope that Fido takes notice of these issues and takes steps to improve its customer service and communication processes. It is disheartening to see a once-loyal customer pushed to such extreme measures simply to have a basic issue addressed.

2 REPLIES 2

somnath
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I am also having the same situation, they did hard credit check and now it has been 1 month no updates from them and they keep on trying to reach me but are unable to reach me, on contrary I havent received any calls. Its a SCAM...FIDO should take action against them for haressing coustomers.

Hi @somnath, Alex here!

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get in touch with our winback team for this long. It looks like they might have the wrong contact details. 

Please get in touch with us and we'll make sure that they call you on the right number. You can contact us through any of the channels here.