cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO cap on CC payments = problems refilling my accounts

KPA
I'm a participant level 2

I currently have 3 FIDO accounts - one each for myself and my 2 kids. Recently (perhaps since the revamp - I'm not sure), I have had problems refilling my accounts online. The error message is a rather cryptic "oh-oh Some Error Occurred".

On speaking with a FIDO rep on the phone, the problem is apparently that FIDO doesn't like my making *too many* charges to my credit card in attempting to keep my accounts topped-up... and on that basis is disallowing my attempt to refill.

I am perplexed, to be honest. I'd like for us three to stay with FIDO, but FIDO apparently doesn't like that (I know it's not like that, but from my point of view that seems to be the case). Realistically, what are my options?

***Edited to add Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

Hi KPA, 

If all of your numbers are prepaid, this may happen.

There is a limit for same credit card refill. 

The maximum credit card transactions within 30 days is 5 refills.  

You can either change to postpaid plan, refill with more amoucnt each time, use another credit card or buy voucher to refill. 

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey KPA!

That's odd, could you confirm if all the 3 accounts are under the exact same name that you have on your credit card. 

It must be a match, that could explain why it's not accepting a refill. 

Keep me updated!

afterthefact
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

Hi @KPA if indeed the issue is because too many transactions on same CC (which by the way is a consumer protection mechanism), then an alternate solution is to use vouchers to refill the accounts.  I understand it's slightly more complex to manage but it would resolve the CC transaction limit issue.  I can confirm that CC limits have been in place for years and are in no way related to the new fido.ca revamp.  I understand this isn't an ideal situation for you, however most customers are 1:1 ratio for account:creditcard and unfortunately you seem to be at 3:1 which is why the issue would be more noticable for you.   Of course, you could always move the accounts to Monthly instead of Prepaid but perhaps you've already decided that isn't your best option financially due to low usage....

KPA

Thank you, @FidoManuel and @afterthefact for the help. I find it convenient to do as much as I can online - will probably try a couple of things, maybe fewer transactions but larger amounts at a time and see if that works. I find it really odd trying to buy a service but having to adjust my behaviour in order to be allowed to do so. Thanks again...