Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Weak reception in Signal Ridge Court SW

fickie
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there,

we are experiencing extremely weak reception in Signal Ridge Court SW.

At first I was thinking its because of our old iPhone 10, so both I and my wife updated to 13 pro max and 14 pro max successively.

But, DOES NOT HELP AT ALL.

It's very lagging when we are calling from our home.

We have contacted Fido for several times, changed sim cars, and reset network, and settings.

Did everything but nothing changed.

As loyal fido users, I hope you could help me out and give me a solution.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Fickie,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with cellular reception in your area. Unfortunately, there appears to be a few Fido/Rogers cellular towers in that area:

Signal Ridge.jpg

~taken from here.

Coverage would depend, in part, on your location relative to those cellular towers. In addition to proximity to cellular towers, there are many factors which can influence cellular reception (see here and here). There could  interference between your location and Fido/Rogers cellular towers. Furthermore, different mobile devices can vary in their cellular receptivity. That's why no mobile provider can guarantee service. There are just too many factors beyond their control.

It's possible your device may connect to the other providers' cellular tower as extended coverage (Fido-EXT). With the roaming agreements, there is no charge for using extended coverage. However, there are some limitations to its usage (ie majority of your usage still needs to be your home network). That said, there do not appear to be very many cellular towers from other providers which may be closer to that location either.

If the Fido/Rogers cellular signal is not adequate in your area (or your device is unable to receive the available signal) , you might consider purchasing a signal booster. If you choose this route, you would need to verify the product amplifies compatible bands/frequencies.

Alternatively, if you have access to Wifi and your device is supported for Wifi-calling, you might be able to continue with Fido using that feature while you're at that location.

Unfortunately, if your circumstances don't allow for adequate Fido/Rogers cellular signal, there isn't much that can be done. It's a common misunderstanding that any mobile provider will suit everyone everywhere. That simply isn't the case. Since there do not appear to be very many closer cellular towers, it's possible residents opposed the erection of towers in the area. For example, some residents in the Rocky Ridge area were not happy about a proposed tower in their area (see here). If there is a need for additional cellular towers in the area, you might consider voicing your concern with your local municipality.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers