cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explanation/ prevention of Flex Rate Data Charge

Emily9
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

For the first time since 2018 May 25 I was charged an additional $10 as a "Flex Rate Data Charge". My plan includes 2GB of data and according to the matching dates on the same bill for data, I used 2.07GB. Does .07GB of data actually equate to the additional charge of $10? For the last 20 of those 31 days for the dates listed for the flex rate data charge, I had transferred over to a new Android phone (from an iPhone) so I'm wondering if I need to change some kind of setting in order to prevent this from happening again--or if this additional charge had nothing to do with getting a new phone. Sad 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Emily9,

Welcome to the community!

The Flex Rate Data charge you note is the charge for data overage usage. The overage rate depends on the the plan. I believe the rate for current in-market plans is $10 per 100Mb. Some older plans' rate might be different. Since the rate is per 100Mb, any overage upto 100Mb would be $10. If you went above 100Mb, it would be an additional $10 for overage upto 200Mb, etc.

In your case, the excess 0.07Gb (equal to 70Mb) used would be covered by one additional 100Mb increment.

I don't think the additional usage is a direct consequence of using a new phone.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers