cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing customer cannot change plan to $34/40GB?

zlucy1021
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there,

The customer service is outside of working hours right now, so I posted my question here, please reply as soon as possible when customer service saw this message, thanks.

The thing is that I'd like to change my current plan to $34/40GB, but can't find this option on the webpage under "Changing Plan", but I can find it under "Add a Line". I'm wondering can I change to $34/40GB plan without changing my current phone number?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

FidoRania

Hey @zlucy1021

That plan is for new activations and or adding new lines, which is why you weren't able t0 find it under your existing line. 

Reach out to us here if you'd like to review your options, we have different ways to service our customers, like social media!

Please keep in mind that we're busier than usual, therefore a delay is to be expected, however we're working hard to get back to everyone ASAP!

CanadaDanny2020

Can't change either... 

Btrinh

I thought I was the only one. I've been at it all day yesterday. Adding line i can see the $34 but when I hit change plan it only shows $67 plans. And i have my own phone no contract. I tried calling too and theyre closed for some reaaon. Help!!

credmau5
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

Are you currently financing a phone from Fido (an agreement?). The $34/40GB plan is only for BYOD... meaning Bring Your Own Device, you can't have a contract on that line. 

If you're under contract, you should be able to buy it out by paying what's still owing on your phone purchase price, and then you could switch to this plan. 

Bananamama

I'm not under contract for 2 of my lines and also cannot switch to the $34 dollar plan. My offers under my account are all more expensive than what I currently have (which is $55 and up). On my husband's line with Koodo I was able to switch to the same plan with 50gbs of data for $35. I would prefer to save the hassle of going to the store and switching, but fido is making it impossible to retain me as a customer.

Gladyswyx
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

You have to go to the fido store, Some customers representative will tell you to do it online but insist to them to do it for you. This what we did and it works.

ultra99

I'm have the same problem, don't see the $34 plan. I'm considering Koodo.