cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 500 when sending texts

Skye6
I'm a participant level 2

Fido Error Message 500 when sending texts - this doesn't happen all the time but happens at least 3 times per week for the last 5 months. It's extremley frustrating, I turn my phone on and off and sometimes it sends the texts, other times it doesn't. Sometimes it ends up sending the text 5 times. I don't understand why this keeps happening. I have friends with Fido and Rogers and this doesn't happen to them. What are my solutions?

6 REPLIES 6

IlyT

Hello, I've been having the same issue as well! For me it's been happening more often; almost every day for the last month or so. It would be nice if this could be solved as I've had to resort to using WhatsApp or something instead. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one

Hi @IlyT , sorry to hear that you are having problems sending texts. May I ask what type of device you have? The reason I am asking is because it was happening to me a while back on my Samsung s10e and it was driving me crazy. I tried all different texting apps and it seemed to work for a while and then gone again. My friends kept emailing or phoning me and asking why I was ghosting them and not answering their texts. I was but they were not going. What I did, I downloaded the google messages app and turned on RCS. I wanted to use the stock samsung messages app, so after I turned on the google rcs, I opened the samsung texting app and their was a red notification in the top right corner to turn on chats. I have not had that problem with texting ever since.

A tutorial on how to activate either google messages or samsung messages can be watched HERE 

I hope that works for you, as did for me

#rcs, #enablercs

IlyT

hi @Original_Lucy  

I have almost the same as @Kgj11 , a huawei p20 pro. I looked at the tutorial but couldnt figure it out as I don't think that option came up for me. Sad

Hi @IlyT , I'm not that familiar with Huawei devices or whether or not they can access RCS features in Google Messages. You can try it with Google Messages, but if the option in the settings doesn't have an RCS Chat Features then I would think that means not available to you. Sorry I can't be of more help to you. Cheers 

FidoAnthony

Hey @Skye6,

That's definitely odd.We can definitely look into the situation with you via private message. I've sent you a PM via the Community.

We hope to chat with you soon! 😀

Kgj11
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am having this same issue. 

I have a Huawei p20. 

It's been happening for the past two weeks.