Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contrat since June but still paying same amount

Steevehgs
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

My contrat ended since June and I am still paying the same amount. Now I want to change plan and wondering if there's any reimbursement for the difference that have been paid so far monthly.

Thanks lots,

Steeve

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Steevehgs,

Many mobile providers use a subsidised model for their contract devices. This model is different from a tab model or the more recently available leasing model.

With the subsidised model, the subsidy is incorporated into the plan (ie small, large, etc). On the other hand, with the tab model, the monthly plans and tabs are separate. Since the subsidy is incorporated into the plan, your plan does not automatically switch to a BYOP plan at the end of a contract. It remains your previous plan, should you wish to subsidise another device. If you did not wish to subsidise another phone, you would have to switch to a BYOP plan which is in-market at the time you decide to switch.

You should note that the details of the in-market BYOP plans may or may not be the same as your current plan. It is not possible to keep your current plan and merely remove the subsidy.

Similarly, if you later decide you wish to subsidise a phone after switching to a BYOP plan, you would have to take a subsidised plan which is in-market at the time you decide to switch. Again, the plan details of that plan may or may not include the details of your previous subsidised plan (or 'current' BYOP plan).

Since the subsidy is a part of the plan, there is no reimbursement of subsidy if you do not subsidise another device.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Steevehgs

Hi,

Thanks lots for the information.

Cheers,

Steeve