Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade Plan Fee

Eric_1211
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,
I just want to know how much will it cost me if i downgrade my current plan(max plan) into a cheaper one. I will finnish the contract in about 6mos. now?

6 REPLIES 6

Sunnyb111
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I’m having the same issue , mainly because Fido’s fees are ridiculously expensive with a new phone. I’m on the phone with a rep , he is saying that I can only downgrade within the same tier and he said that there is no such thing as a downgrade fee . Simply saying there is nothing you can do for me (phone call ID number 1449230637). Where as on your forum you mention you can go to a lower tier ? What is going on here ? And who really knows what’s happening ? 

Hello @Sunnyb111,

The fees are not expensive if you want to change your plan tier, in fact, there are no fees if you do it online at fido.ca. 

What you do have to pay though is the remaining balance on the device you got. 

If you change your plan to another plan in the same tier there are no fees and you do not have to payout your device balance.

This post is from 2016 when the plan structure was different and phones were not in the $2000 price range. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Eric_1211 if you want to change your plan after your contract ends then you will not have to pay any fees, but if you want to change the plan now then I believe the fee will be based on the remainder of the contract. If you login into MY ACCOUNT click on the number you want to change the plan for scroll to the bottom and you will see "Upgrade Today Fee:" the amount you see there is probably what you will have to pay.

vishwashah710
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

What if I have downgrade the plan? Now i am getting message of exceeding credit limit.. is it because of this? Can i make adjustments? Or I have to pay whole at once🥺

Hey @vishwashah710! Feel free to contact us through one of our channels and we'll be happy to look into this with you.

Hi @Eric_1211 & welcome to the Community! Smiley

The downgrade fee will depend on the subsidy that was being given with your actual plan (in this case a Max plan) and the plan you want to downgrade to.

For example, if the subsidy with the Max plan was $500 and the subsidy with the other plan was $400, you'd need to calculate ($500 - $400) / 24 months x the number of months remaining to your agreement.

That said, I'll send you a PM so we can check out the exact fee for your line.

Talk to you soon!