cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Premium Device Protection plan protect a BYOP device?

Abushawish
I'm a participant level 2

I just became a Fido customer today. I learned about the Premium Device Protection plan, but I brought my own device. Does the plan cover a personal device that I brought into the plan or only phones purschased from Fido? 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

you will have an limited time to get the premium device protection plan.

it may be better to for you to save up the replacement phone amount on your own

i.e. ($10-$15 per month) *12 or 24 months = $120 - $180 or $240 - $360 , plus deductibles of $200 . so there u go

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

this almost covers all situations.

note that most carriers insurance will not cover thief or loss, too may people cheat the carriers for phones.

Hello,

@patrickchan wrote:...note that most carriers insurance will not cover thief or loss, too may people cheat the carriers for phones.

Brightstar's device protection does cover theft and loss but only in some Provinces (see here). It's likely Provincial regulations which prevent that type of coverage in the affected Province.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Abushawish, welcome to the Fido Community! 

BYOD customers can add the Device Protection within 45 days of activation. 

Everything you need to know on this service is available right here

I'll send you a PM so I can add it for you.

Talk soon! 

Abushawish

Thank you, @FidoRachel, so activation means plan activation even if it's BYOD, not just a phone purchased from Fido activation. Tha

@Abushawish wrote:

Thank you, @FidoRachel, so activation means plan activation even if it's BYOD, not just a phone purchased from Fido activation. Tha

@Abushawish that's correct.