cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Bring Your Own Phone plans include Unlimited Canada Wide Talk?

gt2021
I'm a participant level 2

I feel like this is a very silly question but I am trying to change my plan and I don't want to make a wrong assumption.

I've had my plan for over 2 years and am looking into changing it now that I own my phone. I chose the plan type "Bring your own phone", selected the 12 GB one. Under the Talk Options, the only choices I saw were for Voicemail and Long Distance but nothing about actual Talk/call coverge. I checked the section "All Plans Include" and the only refrence to phone minutes I found was for Circle Calling. Even in the "Full Details" section, there is nothing actually specifing what the plan's calling coverage is. I assume it's included but the fact that it's not stated anywhere has me wondering if it's not and if I missing something.

5 REPLIES 5

PixelSurgery

I have same problem, and gettin hold of customer service is a nightmare these days. 

Hi @PixelSurgery.Sorry to see you are having trouble reaching us. We have several ways to contact us, we would be happy to assist you over Social Media messaging as well. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Gt2021,

Happy Holidays and Welcome to the Community!

That's a very good question! I believe the BYOP plans do include Unlimited Canada-Wide minutes. During the plan set-up process, there aren't any Talk Options to select as Unlimited Canada-Wide Minutes appears to be the only option. The Long-Distance and Voicemail would be Add-on options:

BYOP.jpg

~taken from Fido.ca (as of December 26, 2021).

You might consider verifying your plan details also includes that Talk Options section when you proceed with the plan set-up process.

Hope this helps ☃️

Cheers

gt2021

Thank you for the quick reply!

What you're saying makes sense but unfortunately it seems like what is displayed in my account is different than what is show in your screen shot. Where it says "unlimited canada wide minutes" for you, it says "none" for me (when I go from the data selection step to the talk selection step, it automatically appears as such). I noticed that you did the steps from BC whereas I am located in QC so I wonder if that has something to do with it?

Thanks again for trying to help!

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 2.37.36 PM.png

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Hmm, that's strange.  It appears only that particular Data option from Québec seems to show None for included minutes. The other Data options do show Unlimited Canada-wide minutes. I would assume it's simply an error on the website. However, you might consider contacting customer service to verify that is the case. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps ☃️

Cheers