cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do 1000 International international charged at some standard rates?

vishwa_kaneriya
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Today I bought a new fido sim from Bramalea city center and the service provider told me that he can provide 1000 international minutes to call India on my purchase of the new fido sim.

My question is that does the international calls done within 1000 minutes are completely free or they are charged a minimal amount?

because the executive didn't clarify such things.

kindly clarify my concern.

3 REPLIES 3

Rahuf
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have 1000 international minutes still, they billed for the usage.

Hello Rahuf,

Happy New Year and Welcome to the Community!

Firstly, are you aware that those minutes are only to certain Countries? You can view the included Countries here. Were your calls to one of those Countries?

You should also note that those 1000 International minutes are a promotional offer and not an actual part of your plan. As such, the promotion would likely have an expiry date associated.

In addition, you should also note that those International minutes are only for the long-distance portion of calls. Airtime would be additional. If your plan has an unlimited number of airtime minutes (ie unlimited Canada-wide minutes), the airtime used during those calls would be included. However, if you have a limited number of airtime minutes, it's possible for additional airtime overage charges even though you may still have International minutes remaining.

You might consider contacting customer service to see if that 1000 International minute promotion was actually added on your line. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @vishwa_kaneriya,

Welcome to the community!

Once your 1000 free minutes are used you can continue to make calls but you will be billed standard rates which are currently $1.50/min or you can add a preferred international rates add-on (see here) for $5/month and it will be $0.02/min.

You can also keep track of your minutes through the Fido app.