cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishonourable, gamey, scam refer-a-friend referral

simc
I'm a participant level 3

Copied below, snippets from a recent email exchange querying what happened to the refer-a-friend offer.  Unbelievably lame, disrespectful, ignorant... I am having more and more misgivings about associating myself with fido. Too many broken promises, 'sorry you were misinformed', gamey offerings...

Looking for a signal server i can like giving money to. Thinking I'd rather move than keep accounts on this tower?  So incredibly gamey. 
=====
Fido <fido@support.sparkrefer.com>:
​Unfortunately, resubmitting is not possible and we can no longer update the referred account. 

<i> wrote: Can i resubmit?

You needed to submit the existing phone number that you transferred from a previous provider during the completion of the referral.
As per Program FAQs- A referee transferring an existing phone number from their previous provider cannot submit the temporary Fido phone number given to them during the transfer process. If a referee submits the temporary Fido phone number, the award for both referrer and referee will not be authorized.

<i> wrote: This was the number assigned before I ported my number over.

According to our records, your referral from your friend was denied because you entered an invalid Fido phone number during registration as a Referee.
The number entered on your profile is [xxxxxxxxxx] . This number does not match any active Fido accounts eligible for rewards through this program. 

3 REPLIES 3

simc

Actually @FidoAnthonyZ those Fido support teams sent me over to that other entity for dealing with referrals. Not only was I required to provide every shred of all parties' account, billing, phone numbers, activation dates, statuses,... they have now required 8-12 weeks to investigate and 'verify' the information in some 'escalation'.

I almost expect a request for DNA samples, and the contact information for my attorney, if I ever hear back from them again.

Amusing, most informative of how Fido does business. 

This information is required in order to locate the correct accounts for your referrals. I understand it can sometimes be a lot.

I hope you're able to have this resolved soon! 

FidoAnthonyZ

Hey @simc,

I'm sad to hear you're unable to get your referral process completed.

Feel free to contact us over these methods and we'll be happy to look into it with you.