cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discounts Miscalculated on First Bill - Anyone Else?

sfidow
I'm a participant level 2

Switched plans from $45 1GB to $65 50GB plan with a $20 monthly discount, so effectively same price with more data.

But after getting the first bill, they:
1. correctly charge me full price for upcoming cycle (30 days), yet the discount is incorrect.
2. they charge me pro-rated price of new contract that occurred after the billing cycle boundary (23 days), discount also incorrect.

Fido is effectively charging me for 1.75 months on the new contract, but the discounts are wrong. Discounts in-total add up to the monthly discount, but I'm charged for more than 1 month.

Anyone else experiencing this?

3 REPLIES 3

darknight37
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

i got the same thing on my first bill... so i was charged for 2 months on the first bill like a rent, first and last and because of this the discount was split into the 2 month instead of for each months.

math became like this:

$55 + $55 - 25(discount) = $85 + tax = $96

should have been like this:
$55 - 25 (discount) = $30 + tax x 2(2 month)= $68

i was told bad timing and i opened the account closer to the end of the month and therefor i was charged for 2 months like a rent... huh?? 

Hey @sfidow, @darknight37,

We'll be happy to take another look at your account with you.

There are several ways to reach customer service:

- On the phone (by dialing 611 from your Fido device), you will have a call back option instead of waiting on the line

- Via live chat on Fido.ca

- By writing us a private message on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).

Hope to talk to you soon. 

sfidow

This is a bug in Fido's billing software. I just got off the phone with a CSR that understood this, and was willing to work out a solution for me.

For whatever reason, Fido refuses to apply and credit adjustments (but funny they could do it as a one-time adjustment when Rogers/Fido had that system-wide outage in summer '22.)

In the end, to make up for the extra money I was charged, I dropped my plan from 50GB to 20GB, and am now paying $50 - $10 discount for 15 months. I was told to call back and check to see if I can get other discounts applied during Black Friday 2023, or at the end of the 15 months. I'm doubtful but we'll see.