cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Collector?!

Steve2020
I'm a participant level 3

I have used Fido promotion once back in last year late Nov 2020 on Balck Friday deals to be a postpaid mobile/cellphone line subscriber. My number was turned to be a recycled number and I found out when I started to see I am not receiving any message from my contacts from the beginning. I have posted it in my previous posting. Fortunately, that was resolved.

Now it's been a while that I receive many add promotion phone calls that go into my voice box. I didn't know that Fido immediately sells the subscribed numbers to the advertising companies, most probably thrid parties who are in affiliation with Fido. That seems to be Ok till recently I see I am receiving phonel calls from one of the debt collecting agnecies multiple time a week with the left scary voice messages! 

Since I am in a good position in terms of financial and these calls go to the new Fido number, and the agancy never addressed my name in the left messages, and never sent any letter as they claimed, and all the financial agenecies that I deal with are banks who have only my old active cellphone/mobile number; I wonder whether this has something to do with the previous owner or Fido possibly shares whatever mobile numbers they sell on promotions with the debt collector agencies just for the fun of it!

Any thoughts on that would be appreceited.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Steve2020! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Rest assured that we don't go around selling your privite information (including your phone number) to third parties. Seems like the collections calls may be for someone else or an attempt at spam from our vantage point. You can find information on how to protect yourself here and here.

I hope that helps!

Steve2020

Thanks for the suggestions. I will keep the given recommendations in mind,but I believe I can let them call as many times as they want to. I will simply ignore them. They have left few masseages in their initial call attempts, but now they call every couple of days without leaving any messages. As you may know, the banks are very conservative and if I have a new credit card increase limit and/or line of credit, that means I am in a very good shape in terms of finnacial status;otherwise, they won't allow me to use new financial fascilities. The agancy says that they have sent a letter month ago, but since I have not received anyhting, either it was meant to be sent to somewhere else or it is a cold calling or perhaps scam like attempt.Once again, thanks for letting me know that the Fido is not the main culrpit in selling the subscribers' info to the third parties.