cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data plan and internet roaming in China

roy1821
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello. This Christmas I travelled to China. I used to have 8GB Data Plan every month.  And I was using data roaming while I am in China. Also I downloaded Fido application:My account. And I found I used 4GB data in China. It still count in my 8 GB Canadian plan. Then I went back to Canada. I only have 4GB to use for this month. Am I the only one who facing this problem?

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Roy1821,

Welcome to the community!

If you were using roaming data, you were using Fido Roam (unless you opted out, which would have cost $3960 in data roaming charges for 4GB ).

Fido Roam is a service that lets you use your data, talk and text from your existing Fido postpaid mobile plan for a daily rate (see here). If you used 4GB in China, that amount would be deducted from your monthly allotment of 8GB. Upon returning to Canada, you would have the remainder of your allotment for the rest of your current billing cycle.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @roy1821,

Welcome to the community!

If you are still within your billing cycle then the usage is correct if you used 4gb while you were roaming then you will only have 4gb left until your cycle resets. 

If you are in a new cycle and you are only seeing 4gb then it could be possible you had a promotion that could have expired. Usually Fido notify us on our invoice a moth or two before a promotion ends.