cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data overage / top-up

Antiname
I'm a participant level 1

I got a notice saying the following: Fido svc msg: You've exceeded the amount of data included in your plan by ... For your protection, data is temporarily on hold. To resume, go2 www.fido.ca/m/dc. Two things: One, that section of the website does not exist. Two, once I hit 90% of my monthly allowance, I'm supposed to get an option to increase my allowance by 1.5 gb of data, and while I did get the notice, I didn't get the option to extend my data, nor was I presented an option to be able to.

** Edited the title ** 

12 REPLIES 12

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Antiname

Thanks for reaching out . Love the username by the way Wink

When you click on the link, it should redirect you to a webpage that allows you to enable the data usage. 

Also, not all the plans are compatible with the data top up. The data top ups are available for some plans, and you have the option between 300 mb for $7 or 1 GB. Please note that they can't be added once you've already exceeded your data.

Did you receive the top up SMS in the past? Did you change your plan mid- cycle? 

4jaime
I'm a participant level 2

I am not able to access the site from my offfice computer and have no data on my phone how can I have my data back

okoko

@FidoRanya I'm having the same issue, I'm unable to find where to top up or turn my data back on. please help!

Hey @okoko and welcome to the Community Smiley

I'm sure I can help you with that.

The notification for the top-up is sent once you reached 90% of your data usage.

Were you able receive it on your end so you can add the top-up?

Let me know.

4jaime

I recieve a message from fido as I did last month .

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @4jaime

Not sure I understand what you mean. Do you have a data included in your plan? What message did you receive from Fido? 

Thanks for clarifying! Smiley 

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to update this thread as it is now possible to add a top up at anytime even if you haven't reached 90 % of your usage! 

You can find out more about data top ups right here

Hey @4jaime ,

Did you still need help with this ?

okoko

@FidoKenny I didn't recive anthing to top up, just a notification about the possibility of changing to a plan with more data. At this point my data has been turned off due to overage charges, which I did recieve a text for, although the link to turn it back on doesn't seem to take me anyhwere to resolve the situation (www.fido.ca/m/dc). Just looking to get it turned back on for work.

@okoko

Thank you for providing more information.

I would need to check the details of your plan with you.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon Smiley

Tyrexe
Also having this issue, I've used the link to resume my data many times but in the last few days it no longer works, just leads me to the Fido.ca homepage.

@Tyrexe wrote:
Also having this issue, I've used the link to resume my data many times but in the last few days it no longer works, just leads me to the Fido.ca homepage.

Hello Tyrexe,

Welcome to the community!

If you're referring to the Data Top-ups, there's a limit as to how many times during a billing cycle they can be used.

Top-ups.jpg

Taken from here

Since you noted that you used the link many times, it's likely you've exceeded the maximum limit for your current cycle. If you regularly need to top-up multiple times during a cycle, you may need to consider switching to a different plan.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers